Sunday 9 September 2012

Weekend success

Well, we actually had a weekend - that's a good start.

Saturday - I managed to look after one child for the day. The biggest and I slobbed out and watched re-runs of Choccywoccydoodah for a couple of hours, then made cakes and managed to go for a very small walk - apparently it was too hot for a small girl to walk too far!

We got home and decorated a ton of cakes, with madam trying to sculpt people and things from fondant icing. Impressive for one small girl who is not yet 4yrs of age!

Later on in the afternoon we're playing in the garden when my husband's adopted sister arrives with her daughter. We don't get on that well - have nothing in common, nothing more dramatic than that, and it is very awkward (for me) as I do not want her to know about what I have been going through otherwise it will be all over facebook, then round the village etc..... I don't think that my mother in law will say anything. I'll be furious if she does though.

It is made even more awkward later on when our vet and his wife, who we have known for years arrive with a big bunch of flowers for me. I quickly take the round the corner so it isn't obvious. At least, I hope it isn't. 

Today's Sunday and I dare not ask whether anyone has told her my news. 

Apparently I'm becoming quite possessive about it - now the operation has actually happened I'm coming out of denial (damn damn damn) and down to earth with a bit of a thump.

We did have a lovely day today though.

More cooking with the biggest child, who also has cystitis which is hard work - not only does she feel rough, but she's trying to put up with me trying to force liquids into her. Thank God she is easily bribed with chocolate, Choccywoccydoodah and Fireman Sam!

Mid morning, and my husband and smallest child arrive back in the house, so there is time for a quick snack then we go out for a walk - both children need a nap as we are going to have a picnic later with friends, so they'll be running around like loons for a few hours - they need their rest now.

The weather is amazing - you have to hand it to me, my timing for a break was inspired weather wise!

Lovely long walk, children nap, we talk, and no buzzards. This is a relief - I was beginning to get quite a complex about it! 

Later on we do manage to go for a picnic and have a fab time. On the whole the children are very well behaved, but are shattered by the time we get home. It was lovely to spend some time with my son, finally. I hate how little I have seen him in the last 9 days. It also hurts that he has so much fun with everyone else, apart from me. I know he loves me, there's no doubt of that, but because he knows he can't rugby tackle me, he has backed off a bit and is favouring everyone else. I can't play as much as I could before the operation, and it must be confusing for him. Soon, then I'll be able to rough and tumble like we usually do.

Fortunately, two exhausted children are in bed by 7pm which means my poor husband can get back to work (he's still there now at 10.30pm), and of course, I can try and catch up with this blog, which I have just about managed.

Sorry if it's rushed. I hate writing in the past tense all the time and I want to get everything down on paper before I forget it all.

Tomorrow, I have a busy day. Builders/plumbers arriving at 8am to do some repairs to the house, GP appointment at 11am, and lots of notes to write and questions to think of before I get there.

I also have a friend popping in in the afternoon - she's driving from Reading to see a relative fairly close by, which is a bit of a fluke, so I'm delighted to say she is going to see us too. 

I have such a long list of things to ask the GP. A list is definitely a good place to start. 

In the meantime, I'm hoping for some sleep. The youngest slept from 7.30pm last night until a bit before 5am, which is pretty much sleeping through in my book - it would be better if he slept until 6am, but hey, small steps - he isn't yet two!!!!

Bearing in mind my angst about my son not wanting to play with me as much, perhaps I should relish those midnight cuddles, as and when they are asked for? 

My children are growing up incredibly fast, and I won't be having any more babies.

 

2 comments: