Thursday 6 September 2012

Last day at work

My last day at work can briefly be described as frantice, hectic, stressful and utterly utterly weird.

Last time I was having planned time away from work, I was going on maternity leave. I'm hating this. Cancer is a most unwanted "baby" and I hate leaving other people with things to do. Bleurgh.

It's also sad - some of the older ladies I work with (God, I hope that doesn't sound too patronising) are clearly really upset for me, but I manage to leave without me getting upset. 

I get several emails later telling me to stop being so brave and that it's okay to cry.

Really though, I think I'm past crying. I'm ready for the next step and I just want the cancer out. I nearly said "I'm looking forward to it" when I was asked how I was feeling. 

Whoops. That is not entirely true, I just want to get it over with.

Being at home is weird. Quiet. Ominous. Then the children come home and that rather livens things up shall we say.....

I go for a much needed night out with the girls - Gin and giggles obligatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment