Wednesday 5 September 2012

Naked Breasts.......!!!

It's amazing what you can get used to talking about, and what you get used to having on display.

Admittedly, I've had two children and one becomes rather used to talking about ones sensitive areas in the third person....and in a detached way. Still...

I had to, as you'll have noticed, get used to being seen semi naked by lots of different people. Sometimes more than one at once (oooh err missus) and I have been really surprised by how easy it has become to talk about breasts/boobs etc without getting embarassed. Clearly, it's easier with the doctors, because, after all, they are professionals, but when you have to tell people you have cancer they invariably want to know where, how you found the lump etc.

I've never had to say "breast" so many times in my life. Again, it gets easier over time and with repetition, but it's almost like my body isn't entirely mine any more. It "belongs" if you like, to those in the medical profession who have got to do things to it to make it better and it takes some getting used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment