Sunday 9 September 2012

Patience is a virtue.....

......and one that, apparently, I don't have!

I'm not a good patient. The downside of feeling well is that you're not allowed to do anything, despite feeling like you can. 

The children are being looked after by my wonderful mother in law, allowing my husband to go to work. All day. 

He is of course waiting on me too, making sure I've got enough to eat and drink, making sure I don't break my neck in the shower...... why I am such a grumpy sod I do not know.

In desperation, I order some wool and crochet hooks - perhaps keeping my hands busy will help?

Eventually, I make myself cross enough to go and put my boots on so I can at least have a walk and clear my head. I only walk about 1.5miles, but I am shattered. Feeling slightly better for stretching my legs but nervous because it has made my arm swell up (risk of Lymphedema due to having nodes removed), I finally relax and chill out on the sofa watching all the episodes of Celebrity Masterchef I have recorded all week.

I really need to sort my brain out, otherwise it is going to be a long two weeks.

I mention to my husband that I might be able to go to work in a couple of days. He doesn't say much but tells me that not only will I have to find the car keys first, but that we might fall out quite badly.

Therefore, I realise I'm grounded. Entirely for my own good, I do know that, but I just feel so frustrated with my body, and my mind. Why can't I switch off? 

At the end of the day, I also know how lucky I am to be getting off so lightly, and try try try to pull myself together.

No comments:

Post a Comment