Monday 3 September 2012

The reason for the blog

The reason for the blog. Well, to try and keep my sanity really. No one ever expects to get cancer but at age 33 I didn't see it coming. 

Whilst on holiday in France in June this year, we all laughed at my father's assertion that in our family you either get arthritis or cancer..... my sister broke her back 5/6 yrs ago, so I'm guessing she'll get the arthritis. I'm not laughing quite so hard now though, but it might be one of the reasons (I'll never be absolutely sure) that I decided to check myself out, so I'll always be grateful for dad's medical "knowledge".

The purposes of the blog is to try and give me another outlet to express my feelings. As I've said elsewhere I don't promise to be articulate, humourous, or at times even polite, but if someone stumbles upon my ramblings and finds it helpful, then all the better.

I'm part way through treatment but for the purposes of being accurate I shall start at the beginning in another post and try and approach this all in a logical manner. 

I have never blogged before and whilst I consider myself to be technically minded and computer literate I will admit that so far it all seems a bit complicated, so bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment