Monday 10 September 2012

Silver linings and amazing people

Monday. Bleurgh.

Today started badly with number one child waking at midnight, and number two at two am. I had left my husband asleep oh the sofa (plenty of room even for someone who is over six foot) at 11ish and gone to bed on my own. I know it sounds cruel but I figured he would get more sleep downstairs than upstairs being disturbed by small people. How right I was.

Managed to get oldest back into bed on a promise, and fed number two back to sleep. I think I must have passed out  - the next thing I knew was it was morning, nearly 6am even. 

I was very sore this morning and a bit swollen, must have done too much over the weekend.  At least I have the day to myself today. Except for builders and plumbers that is. Oh, and I have a friend I have been wanting to see for ages popping over this afternoon, so something to look forward to.

My appointment with the GP went okay but as I guessed, most of my questions will have to wait until we know my next results. Rather embarrassingly I ended up in floods of tears which is most unlike me. I think I am starting to get nervous about possibly going to get results on Wednesday. Hmmmmmm. 

I did at least drive myself today, so I have some freedom back. Yay! I even managed to do a  bit of v much needed food shopping. Something useful at last.

I bought a magazine to read whilst waiting for my GP. The latest "Good Housekeeping". The main reason for buying it was the front page hint about articles on breast cancer. How things change. 

The articles inside are fab. If my mum doesn't get this issue I will have to send it to her. There are lots of positive stories, and handy hints for people who know a cancer sufferer. The most poignant being " don't cry at me". Mum has got a bit better, but it was hard at the beginning to talk to someone who was more upset than me. Not that I am not upset, but you know what I mean......

Anyhow, my afternoon ended rather astoundingly and amazingly.

Not only did I get to see the lovely Rachel and her children, but she and several others had organise the most incredible surprise - a hamper full not only of delicious home made and locally acquired produce, but many many other lovely gifts to help keep me sane and occupied. Including the rather fantastic iPad on which I am now blogging.

As you know from my blogs, I never use five words if twenty will do, but I was utterly speechless today.

I feel so lucky to have such an amazing group of friends, and I am so touched that they have been so generous and kind. My gast, as they say, has been well and truly flabbered. 

The only sad news to end the day on is that a mutual friend who has also been suffering from the fucking cancer, has got to have a major operation tomorrow. Hopefully she knows that we are all thinking of her and sending her tons and tons of vibes.

No comments:

Post a Comment