Thursday 8 November 2012

Out of the mouths of babes....

As you know, I've been lamenting the fact that there are never going to be any more children in my life, other than the wonderful two I have. 

I'm incredibly lucky to have them. Spoilt even, but still, it's an open wound that hasn't healed yet.

So, bedtime tonight, and we're choosing stories. We have one of the Usbourne "new experiences books", and have been working our way through them for some time. One of the stories is entitled "The New Baby". 

You can probably see where this is heading.....

Isobel, my eldest, pipes up saying that she would like me to have a new baby. 

Ouch. Bugger. Bollocks.

I try explaining that I already have two wonderful children and that I love them so much I don't think it would be fair to have another baby, but apparently this isn't good enough for madam tonight. 

I'm sure she'll get over it, but it hurts in the meantime. 

Time for a sob? 

2 comments: