Thursday 19 May 2016

A year?

Just over a year since my last post? Bugger. I really did have great intentions about keeping you all updated.

All I can say is that a lot has happened since I last blogged. Some of it good, some of it bad - life, really - the never ending roller coaster has continued without pause, and I have to say that at times over the last twelve months, I really would have liked to have been able to disembark.

So, how to catch you up without writing 5000 words? Tricky.

Bullet points seem a little on the lazy side, but it really has been that busy I am seriously considering using them.

I think I shall make a list of the good and bad, then extrapolate further in a few more posts else it will get messy.

Good things that have happened since last May:

I'm still alive (and healthy I hope)
Husband, children, animals - all healthy 
I ran the London Marathon and have raised £1500 for Children with Cancer UK
I have a place to run the Great North Run and the London Parks Half

Bad things that have happened since last May:

I got made redundant by my employers of 11.5 years (prepare to hear lots of bitching about this in due course as I'm still rather heartbroken about it)
We have had to de- stock our pig herd 
I'm trying hard but really struggling to get a job - too qualified in one sense and under qualified in others, plus I seem to go for the really popular jobs with about 100 other applicants.


I'm trying to keep the list of bad things short. After all, family, friends and health are the most important things. 

I can, I suppose, add to the list of good things with something to balance the lack of work issue - mainly that I am finally having a bit of time to rest, properly, see my family, and actually enjoy my horses, dogs, farm etc. Could just do with a few more pennies really.

The only real downer at the moment is that I am currently sitting in my local hospital waiting for an appointment with the Oral Health team due to a worrying white patch under my tongue. I am then off to a pre op appointment as I am having my ovaries out on Sunday.

Sunday? Yes, apparently - the hospital is rather stretched.

Notice? No, I didn't give you much, but then I only got 9 days notice myself.....!

So, I'm a bit of a basket case at the moment.

The oral health appointment is terrifying. I mean, really, really terrifying. My history has rather scared my dentist (she found the white patch, I didn't know it was there), and it has only taken 6 days from referral to appointment.

I don't know whether to be pleased that I haven't had to wait long, or scared that they think it actually might be cancer.

Permission to say 
Fuck

No comments:

Post a Comment